St. John’s Hospitals
St. John’s Regional Medical Center (SJRMC)
In 1911, community leaders approached Rev. John S. Laubacher out of concern that health care services were not available to meet the needs of the thousands of residents who had settled on the Oxnard plains. Hence, St. John’s Regional Medical Center was established in 1912 by the Sisters of Mercy at the request of Rev. Laubacher.
The hospital grew from a wooden structure with six rooms on ten acres of land to a regional medical center with 265 licensed beds, including a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, on a 48-acre parcel in northeast Oxnard.
Today, St. John’s Regional Medical Center is located at the corner of Rose Avenue and Gonzales Road, providing easy access from the 101 Freeway and from all cities in Ventura County.
To contact St. John’s Regional Medical Center, call (805) 988-2500.
St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital (SJPVH)
St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital is nestled near the foothills of Camarillo on Antonio Avenue. It was founded in 1974 by a group of community leaders who believed that a hospital was needed in their community.
In addition to its 81 acute-care beds, St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital has a 99-bed extended care unit and the only hyperbaric medicine unit in West Ventura County.
To contact St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital, call (805) 389-5800.
We Offer Quality Care, Close to Home
St. John’s hospitals offer quality care, close to home. As we continue our mission of healing and hope, we grow with the dynamic communities we serve.
Our comprehensive services and programs include:
- 24-hour Emergency Medical and Trauma Services
- 24-Hour Physician Referral Helpline
- Cardiovascular Care
- Intensive, Coronary, and Subacute Care
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgical Services
- Maternity and Women’s Services
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Spine and Orthopedic Care
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
- Oncology and Cancer Support
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Chaplain Services and Spiritual Care
- Palliative Care
- Community Outreach and Screenings
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Patient and Family Education
- Diabetes Program
- Wound Healing and Oxygen Therapy