Primary Stroke Center
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association have recognized St. John’s Regional Medical Center for achieving at least 12 consecutive months of 85% or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Performance Achievement indicators and at least 12 consecutive months of 75% or higher compliance with 5 of 8 Get With The Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes, in addition to achieving Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy less than or equal to 60 minutes in 50% or more of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients (minimum of 6) during one calendar quarter. Congratulations!
Additionally, the Stroke Program at St. John’s Regional Medical Center and St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital are certified Primary Stroke Centers as recognized by the Joint Commission. Our program offers the critical elements to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for stroke patients.
St. John’s Stroke Program offers:
- A full-time stroke nurse practitioner
- An acute stroke team
- Standardized admission orders for stroke with specific screening processes for all stroke patients and where stroke is suspected
- Faster turnaround times for CT scans and lab results to improve timeliness of available treatments
- Specialized stroke care training for all employees and impacted physicians
- Collection and submission of data to national organizations to benchmark our care
Positive outcomes in stroke care depend on accurate screening processes and timeliness of treatment. At St. John’s, our Stroke Program takes both of these into account while treating the patient with compassion and excellence.
For more information on St. John’s Stroke Program, please call 805.988.7144.