Heart and Vascular Institute
St. John’s Hospitals offer a Heart and Vascular Institute, world-class clinical research trials and a certified primary stroke center.
Take an online heart health assessment now or register for a “Know Your Numbers” low-cost heart screening today. You can also check out our Women’s Guide to Beating Heart Disease.
Is Your Heart Healthy?
Our two cardiac facilities located in Oxnard and Camarillo offer the latest in cardiovascular technologies.
St. John’s program features:
Emergency cardiac care: St. John’s in Oxnard is a designated STEMI receiving center, which means heart attack patients receive immediate and expert care, with “door-to-balloon” times (ER arrival to angioplasty intervention), which averages nearly half of the 90 minute national standard when arriving by ambulance.
Various treatments and procedures, including non-invasive cardiology services, heart and peripheral vascular interventions, beating heart surgery, minimally invasive valve repair/replacement and endovascular repair
A dedicated cardiac rehabilitation program
Stroke and vascular screening programs
Heart screenings to give more insight into your heart and treating heart disease
Tips to help you stay heart healthy
Award-winning quality care
The team of experts at St. John’s Heart and Vascular Institute provides excellent cardiac care and has been caring for the region for more than 50 years. Our program has been recognized as a leader in cardiac care, from diagnosis to surgery to disease management.
Our Institute was recently recognized by Healthgrades with the following awards:
St. John’s Regional Medical Center –
Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award for 2 Years in a Row (2013-2014)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award for 3 Years in a Row (2012 -2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Services for 2 Years in a Row (2013-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% for Cardiology Services for 2 Years in a Row (2013-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery in 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 10 Years in a Row (2005-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 12 Years in a Row (2003-2014)
- St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital –
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack in 2014
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)